Thursday, July 17, 2008

Joe got a new job!

After two years of working at CAS, Joe got a new job working in the lab at Kemira. He gave his two-week notice today and his first day at Kemira will be August 4th. We're both so excited! And that includes my parents. People have been asking if they're upset, but the answer is no. Not at all! This is a big stepping stone and will give him the experience he needs to take over as CEO for my dad in a few years. :) Just kidding....

I'm just thankful everyone is happy for him and he doesn't have to experience what I went through. But then again, my dad would never be upset about any of his employees advancing in their career even if that meant leaving the company. Anyway, YAY for JOE!

We went camping last weekend at Lake Merwin with Kim and George. It was so much fun! I love that place. It's paradise....and so close to home! Here's a picture from our campsite:
It was a nice little getaway! And tomorrow Joe and I are going camping again. This time we're going up to Alder Lake with Jenny, Casey, Aaron and Kendra. Oh, and the baby. :) I'm so excited! Yet another busy weekend. We've been busy and/or out of town every weekend this summer. Kind of ironic considering my health. Pretty good sign that I'm back to good health though!

My hair is starting to grow back like crazy! And it's coming in thicker than ever. NOT what I wanted! I was hoping it would be a little thinner this time around. I'll probably end up with it being twice as thick and even curlier. Just a few more weeks and I think I'm going to ditch the wig. Now that the hair is coming back, it's super hot. And itchy. Not fun at all!

Alright, time for bed. I'm up late tonight...I've been going to bed at 8:15-8:30ish nightly. I get mad at myself for being lazy, but then I remember all the crap I've gone through the last few months and just hit snooze and enjoy my 12 hours of nightly sleep. :)

No comments: