Wednesday, November 19, 2008

GMA Update

Hello! Just wanted to let everyone know that my story wont be on Good Morning America this weekend afterall. I heard from the producer this afternoon and as of now, it's not scheduled to run until the weekend after Thanksgiving. She said she'll send out an email update again on the 28th, so I'll let everyone know more next week.

I really can't believe Thanksgiving is a week from tomorrow. It makes me sad! Why does the time have to be going so fast? I feel like I'm in a time warp or something. I have to keep reminding myself that next week is really Thanksgiving. And the end of yet another month! We'll be at my parents on Thanksgiving and then we'll go up to Joe's parents on Friday. We've done it this way for the past 3 years and it works out great! And luckily Jayne (Joe's mom) is super accommodating and doesn't mind celebrating on Saturday instead of Thursday. We have the best of both worlds!

I found out today after talking to an insurance agent that no insurance company in Washington will give me individual coverage because I have non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Here's what she said in her "rejection email"..."Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma" is one of the conditions that will disqualify you as an applicant in the State of Washington (Not just LifeWise, the entire state uses the same health questionnaire for every individual insurance carrier). I am sorry to have to say this!" Awesome. And COBRA is a great option and I'm thankful I can opt to do it, but $400 a month is a big chunk of change when I'm only working 20 hours a week. What are people supposed to do? It's not like I decided to get cancer!

Alright, time to go watch some Jon & Katie Plus 8....hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!

No comments: