Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I have SO much to be thankful this year! Especially now that I'm cancer-free! It's hard to believe that last Thanksgiving I had cancer but had no clue. It's amazing how fast life can change. Having cancer has definitely taught me to appreciate each and every day---don't take anything for granted! It can all change so fast.

I have my next big round of check-up appointments the next couple of weeks. I'll really have a lot to be thankful for if everything comes back normal again! It's hard to believe this is my 6 month check-up already! I feel more anxious for this appointment than any in the past though. I think it's because I haven't been under constant watch. Hhas the tumor come back? Has it spread somewhere else? Every little ache I have in my leg makes me nervous. I guess those feelings will always be with me. Or anyone who has had cancer for that matter.

I found out today that a girl that was in my sorority has Hodgkins Lymphoma type 2a. I feel devastated about it! Maybe it was living in Pullman for 4 years? Or Alpha Chi Omega?! I know that's not it, but I was sick more than I ever have been when I was there. Mono, kidney infection....not the healthiest environment to live in!

Ok, better go finish getting ready. We're going up to my mom and dad's at 12 and then we'll leave for Joe's parents tomorrow morning. I love the holidays! If only it would snow so we could go skiing-----then we'd REALLY have lots to be thankful for!!

No comments: