Thursday, August 6, 2009

Almost Friday!

TGIF!

We had a wonderful weekend in the San Juans last weekend. It took us 6 hours to get to Anacortes on Friday but once we got there Jack picked us up on the boat and took us to the island. The island was very quaint. No stores, no paved roads.....only way to get there is by boat or airplane via the grass runway. :) It was great to spend time with everyone though. They caught about 80 Dungeness crabs and I'm proud to say I cracked my first ever crab. I think everyone was in disbelief that I'd never done that before. First time for everything! Then Uncle Jack made the best crab cakes EVER. He is an amazing cook!

Today we had our tasting at the golf course. The food was amazing and it was fun to be able to get a sneak peak at what our meal will be like. Can't wait!

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend. The calm before the storm! Kim's birthday is tomorrow, Joe's going to his brothers bachelor party on Saturday (he decided to get married in Vegas 2 weeks from now) and I plan on getting stuff done here. Can't wait to mark more stuff off of the list!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

Oh how I LOVE love LOVE the San Juans. I'm so glad you had a marvelous time. missed you @ the wine party (no really, several people asked for you) we'll have to do a fall one!