Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The calm after the storm

Whew!  I feel like we've been running a marathon the past few days.  For the first day since Thursday, today is looking to be a relaxing one.  Still in pj's and drinking coffee so it's off to a good start!

Thursday afternoon we headed to Edgewood, the main reason being so Joe, Gil and I could go skiing Friday.  I was so nervous, I hadn't been skiing since December 09 right before I got pregnant, but everything came back to me and I had an awesome time.  Our friend Becky was able to get the day off so she went with us, too.  Blue ski, no crowds....a great day to get back into the swing of it.  Liam had a great time spending the day with grandpa David and grandma Jayne.  Jayne had to work int he morning so it was just g'pa at first.  We left at 7, Liam woke up at 6:45.  Aunt Sue and grandma Poppy came over to help--I mean visit!  I know he had fun because he took over a three hour nap for David!

Saturday we visited with Matt and then met college friends at Starbucks so we could meet their sweet baby girl.  I got to hold her and she totally melted my heart.  She is so tiny!  I feel like I can hardly remember Liam ever being that tiny.  She was just so content being held and sleeping on my chest.  Amazing.  It was great catching up with the two of them, it's been too long.  It seems like we saw them not too long ago but we realized it had a been an entire year.  Crazy.  We got home at 2:50 and left for Sophie's birthday party at 3:30. Sweet Sophie is almost 3!  My sister did an amazing job with the food and decorations.  It could easily be featured on a party blog, truly picture perfect.  Sophie was so excited.  She started the party by yelling, "Let's get the party started!"  Adorable!

Sunday we recovered from Friday and Saturday and then headed to Portland to celebrate my parents 40th anniversary.  Sophie and Liam had babysitters so we got to enjoy a nice meal without the (fun) chaos!  My mom and dad have always included us in their anniversary celebrations, happy they still continue to after all of these years!

For our anniversary gift to our parents, we (Kim, George, Joe and I) surprised them with a 2 hour limo ride to look at Christmas lights.  That was last night.  It picked us up after dinner in Portland and took us to Peacock Lane and to the Grotto.  So fun and festive. Liam LOVED the limo ride.  I think he thought it was pretty cool that he didn't have to be strapped in a car seat.  He stood up on the seat and looked out the windshield (privacy glass wasn't up) and played the role of co-pilot.  It was pretty funny.

Good thing Joe has to go back to work today, maybe we'll all get caught up on some much needed rest. :)

 Limo dancer!

No comments: