Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The picture says it all

I had one sad little baby when it came to taking the group baby picture on Sunday.  It's hard to tell from this picture, but if you look closely you'll notice a band-aid on the left side of Liam's face.  He got his first big boo boo at Aunt Kimmie's last Thursday.  No one ever said being a new walker is an easy thing.  Now I know why they call this the "toddler" stage.  For Liam it should be the "faller/face plant" stage.  Needless to say, he scraped his face on the stone on Kim's mantle.  Ouchie, ouch, ouch.  He started picking at it so we decided to put a band-aid on it.  Surprisingly, he didn't even realize it was on his face.  I thought it would drive him nuts, it was so close to his eye.  But as soon as Shailia spotted it, it was all over.  She started picking at it as soon as we tried to take the picture, hence his face.  Liam doesn't get upset often, it broke my heart to see his little face in this picture.  And by the way, this was an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party.  That's why he's wearing that hideous sweater!  Other than this sad picture, the party was great!  Fun getting to know all of the husbands of these little babies better.  I know I say it all the time but I'm so thankful for this group!

Christmas is next Sunday?  Weird.  I've decided December needs to be about 55 days instead of 31.  There is always way too much stuff to jam into 31 and still be able to enjoy the simple things (Christmas movies, baking without stress).  I guess I better just face the reality that time isn't going to slow down for me.  Apparently it will start going even faster.  Rather than trying to figure out how to slow it down, I think I need to figure out how to be more productive?  Yeah, that's probably my problem.

A question to all of my baking readers:  does anyone have a UNIQUE and/or unsual Christmas cookie recipe you can share with me?  I suggested having a cookie exchange with my mama friends next week, now I'm on the hunt.  I want something new, no chocolate crinkles, sugar cookies, thumb prints, etc.  I spent most of last night searching and just got totally overwhelmed.  If anyone has a good one, ideally one that doesn't require decorating, email it to me at katie.vincent@gmail.com.

Happy Wednesday!

No comments: