Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I'm so glad that my blogging days have started to slow down! It means that life is good! Having a blog sure saved a lot of time repeating the same story over and over and over again though! A lot of the time I felt so horrible I wasn't even capable of even telling it once!

Joe and I had another busy weekend. It was awesome though! On Friday night I met up with some college friends at Duke's in Green Lake for dinner. It was SO good to see them! After that I drove back from Seattle to meet Joe at his parents house. We spent the rest of the weekend relaxing, biking (everyone is getting into biking now!), I went shopping, had a big fire on Saturday night and celebrated Srey's birthday. We didn't get home until around 11:30 Sunday night, so I was pretty exhausted Monday. And all weekend for the most part. I took a nap on Sunday afternoon. I get so tired sometimes I can't even function. I turn into a total zombie. I used to blame chemo, now I blame radiation.

Speaking of radiation, I'm almost done. YAY! My leg is pretty swollen right now, but the doctor doesn't seem to think it's anything to be worried about. I've been walking 3 miles a day...and biking a lot....so hopefully it's just from using it so much. It went from not moving for months to lots of sudden activity! I see Dr. Nichols (my cancer doc) next Wednesday, so hopefully he'll say it's nothing to be worried about.

It's going to be another busy weekend, but busy weekends are my favorite. I hate not having weekend plans! I always have to have things to look forward to! I blame that on my mom, because my sister is the same way! Saturday we're having a garage sale at my house. My neighborhood is having one so we decided to participate. We don't really have anything to sell though. Hahaha, we just like to sit outside and people watch. If you have anything you want to sell, bring it over on Saturday!

Sunday is the LIVESTRONG 5K in Portland. There are 13 of us doing it as of today. If you want to sign up, let me know and I'll tell you how! I didn't realize it was $50 per person. After I found that out I felt guilty asking people to sign up. So don't feel obligated! You do get a free t-shirt though! A $50 t-shirt! Actually, I know the money is going for a great cause. LIVESTRONG has helped me a lot throughout all of this, so I know it will be put to good use!

Next cancer check-up is July 2. Hopefully I only get good news!

P.S. My hair is starting to grow back a little bit! It's like this weird peach-fuzzy stuff. Looks like I'll be wearing a wig for a lot longer!

No comments: