Monday, June 2, 2008

False alarm

After stressing all weekend that I had something else horribly wrong with me, we found out today it's nothing to be worried about. The doctor explained at my appointment that he saw an unusual looking line in my femur, so that's why I had to have more scans Friday night. They needed to see how far up it went and also compare it to the other leg. Luckily, the left leg had the same line so everything is fine....apparently it's just the way my body is. If it hadn't showed up on the left side, something would've been wrong. I was kind of upset that I had to go in for more scans without much explanation, but he said when they see something unusual, they always assume the worst. So I guess it's better to be paranoid than to just brush things off, and I'm thankful that he was looking out for me!

Today was my first radiation and everything went well. Compared to chemo, it's going to be a piece of cake! I've been having a little bit of pain in my leg, but I think it might just be from being active again. Hopefully the radiation will take the pain away though!

Alright, that's all. Just wanted to let everyone know my scan was actually fine. Thank goodness! Joe has to go back to work for an hour or so, so I'm going to bed. Nothing like crawling into bed when it's still light out. Apparently my energy is still on vacation. I'm exhausted!

No comments: