Wednesday, November 9, 2011

It's officially official...

I'm failing big time at blogging! I don't know what's wrong with me. Lately it's as if the littlest tasks seem so exhausting. I mean, how hard is it to sit down and write a few words or post a picture of Liam? Seriously. Hello, lazy. I hope you don't stick around in my life long! Or is this what it feels like to have a "toddler." Which, by the way, I almost cried when my weekly emails changed from "your baby" to "your toddler." Who has a toddler? Me? Really? How can that be?! I feel like Liam is at such an awkward stage right now. He still isn't walking but he wants to so bad. He wants to feed himself but he hasn't mastered it without having to take a bath after. So many things he's trying to do but isn't able to. I feel like he's frustrated. I think I would be if I were in his shoes! It's like he's wanting to be a true toddler but he's stuck in a baby body. He wants to be able to play and run and jump like Sophie. Soon enough, little guy.

Last Friday I was able to get away from the ENTIRE day. First. Time. Ever. It was so nice. I came home feeling totally energized. I haven't really been able to leave for more than a few hours because of breastfeeding and Liam refusing bottles. Now that he's slowed down so much on breastfeeding, I took advantage of Joe being off for the day and took off with my mom and sister. We had the best day. Had a long, relaxing breakfast at Tasty N Sons (SO good), then went to a Christmas Bazaar. It was nice only having to worry about myself. No diapers to change, no little person to feed. And I think it was a great day for Joe. He doesn't get to spend much one-on-one time with Liam so it was perfect. Even came home to dinner almost ready (just leftovers heated up, but still...it was something)! I think it's really important to have days like that more often. Everyone needs a break. I feel guilty for feeling that way but considering that was really the first day I've been away from Liam that long since October 20, 2010, I think I need to get over the guilt. Ok, I'm over it. Already planning the next getaway! Haha.

Alright, gotta start working on dinner while naptime lasts. Happy Wednesday, happy November, happy birthday to JOANNA, happy everything!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

YAY! thanks for the shout out, Katie! Let Liam be frustrated. Frustration promotes brain-health. He will figure it out soon enough!