Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We have a walker!

Liam is walking! Actually, talking lots of steps. He'll walk when he wants, crawls when he needs to get somewhere fast. It is the cutest thing I've ever seen! It happened for the first time at his friend Gavin's 1st birthday. Everyone was asking me if he is walking yet and I had just got telling everyone no. Then out of nowhere, he stood up, turned away from me and took off. I couldn't believe my eyes! Luckily Carly had her video camera out so we were able to get some on video. I haven't been able to video any since. Need to have it ready at all times I guess!

Thanksgiving was so perfect this year. Everything was so delicious, company was great and my parents started a new after-dinner tradition, BINGO! Sophie absolutely loved it and it was a fun thing to do after. I was the big winner, McDonald's gift card. Vanilla cones, here I come! Liam loved all of the food, especially stuffing. Mmmm. Still sounds good to me, even after all of the leftovers I've consumed! Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I think it should be celebrated more than once a year! On Friday we went to Tacoma for our annual Un-Thanksgiving weekend. We've been doing this since Joe and I started dating and we always look forward to it. We had our feast on Saturday and we spent all weekend with Joe's parents. I know Liam is going to love this tradition, he had a blast!

Monday was spent recovering from the weekend and Joe had his final marketing paper to write. YAY! Only 2 more classes and he's done for the semester. He's doing awesome, has gotten A's in every class so far. I know it will be worth it in the end and I am so proud of him!

Liam is battling a cold AGAIN. I can't figure out what the deal is. I have a feeling all of the babies keep passing it around. We took him to the doctor yesterday because he sounded so wheezy and the first thing the doctor said was, "Oh my, how long has he been breathing like this?" Mom FAIL. I felt horrible. I thought she was going to send us to the hospital by the look on her face. He has been acting so chipper, I didn't think it was that big of a deal. Especially since every other time we've taken him in they don't do anything for him. She said almost all of his airways were blocked and she was surprised he was in as good of a mood as he was....he still managed to flirt with all the ladies! He's such a little trooper. He has such a good disposition. Even when he's miserable he's still a good baby. Anyway, they had to do a breathing treatment for him and we have a little inhaler for him now. He hates it, hates it, hates it. It takes both of us to get him to do it and I'm pretty sure most of the medicine isn't going where it should be. Please let this pass soon. So worried about him.
He's napping now so I better get busy. He's been taking 3 hour morning naps for the past week. Hope everyone has a good week and a great last day of November! November, you went WAY too fast. I didn't get to enjoy you as much as I had planned. The story of my life!

No comments: