Saturday, March 17, 2012

Cornbread deliciousness

It was another stormy and dreary day here, a perfect day for a big pot of taco soup and cornbread.  I haven't had this cornbread in a long time...I forgot how much I love it!


Southwestern Cornbread
1 can creamed-style corn
2 Jiffy corn bread mixes
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup fat free sour cream
1/2 to 1 cup Mexican cheese blend
1 can chopped green chilies, drained

Mix all ingredients; bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutes


Last night was my first night at home since March 8!  Liam and I moved back in yesterday, I wanted to keep him away from the craziness of our flooring project until it was (for the most part) done.  Our bathroom flooring will be installed Wednesday and then Joe, his dad and Uncle Jack will be working on getting the trim back on next weekend.  It's gone very smoothly and our floors look amazing but I'll be glad to have everything back to normal, cleaned up and done.  After this project, it sounds like we'll take about a month or so break before Joe starts his next project, a shed for the backyard.  It's never ending!  Hopefully all of these projects will add value to our house if we ever sell it.  And if not, it's still worth it.  We live here, it's nice to really love it.

Hopefully I'll get a chance to upload some pictures of the floors tomorrow!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: