Sunday, August 10, 2008

It's a....

GIRL! I'm going to have a niece in just a few more months! Kim and George surprised us last Thursday with the news. We are all so excited! It definitely seems more real know that we know it's a "her" instead of just an "it." Let the shopping begin! :)

I had a doctors appointment with Dr. Kim on Friday. He said my leg is swollen, but he seems to think it's radiation related. Hopefully that's all it is! I've been having some pain, so it freaks me out that it's also swollen. I tell myself it's the bone trying to heal, but as the pain gets worse, I get more worried. I've also been extremely fatigued lately. More so than I ever was going through chemo/radiation. I hate it! Being tired all of the time is miserable! Especially when nothing I do helps. Usually exercising will give me energy but lately it just knocks me out even more. My last blood test showed I was slightly anemic, so maybe that's what it is? We'll see what my next blood test says. My next appointment is the big one. My first PET/CT scan. I'm dreading that more than anything right now. Not only is it extremely nerve wracking waiting for the results, having to have an IV and lay in the tube for hours isn't exactly fun. I guess I just have to face the fact that tests like this will be a part of my life from here on out!

It's been another busy weekend. Joe and I went to Portland yesterday and had dinner at The Melting Pot. It was so much fun! We got home around 10:30 and then we walked for Relay for Life from 1-3 AM this morning. It was a lot of fun! We were exhausted before we went, but when we got home we were wide awake so we were up until around 4. We walked with Jenny on Cowlitz Title's team. It's definitely something I'll do again next year! And next year I'll have hair. Yay! Speaking of hair, it's coming back fast and furious. It's super dark, super thick...I even have to use a towel to dry it off after the shower. I'm making progress!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Dinner at The Melting Pot!

Relay for Life! At 2:00 AM...



No comments: