Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Zach & Libby

On the morning of August 9, Zach Waddle and his girlfriend Libby were hit by a drunk driver while walking. I went to school with Zach and Joe worked with Libby's sister, Emily at CAS. We found out about the horrible news on Sunday morning. Ever since, I've just felt totally heartsick. I really feel like my heart is hurting. That probably sounds weird, but it's so true. That's the best way to describe how I feel. Everytime I think about them, it's all I can do to stay composed. Zach and Libby had a little baby boy, Mason, who turns 1 next week. I can't even imagine what Zach and Libby's families are going through and what life will be like for Mason without his mom and dad. No one should have to experience anything like this. And to think it all happened because of a stupid drunk driver makes me SO mad. It's so stupid! My heart is aching for their families......how do people find the strength to overcome such a horrible tragedy?

http://masonsfuture.org/

No comments: