Friday, August 1, 2008

Last night we went for dinner with my dads brothers granddaughter, Emily. She is in Longview visiting her grandma and come to find out, she was recently diagnosed with Hodgkin's lymphoma. She's only 19! We had no idea this was going on with her because my dad's brother died a long time ago and we don't really keep in touch with them. Anyway, it was so interesting to talk to her and here her story. She had just started her freshman year of college when she was diagnosed so she had to quit. Now that treatments over, she's staring again this fall.

Anyway, we never really thought cancer ran in our family, but I'm beginning to think it does! My dads mom died of leukemia, my dads sisters grandson died of leukemia and I have non-Hodgkin's lymphoma....all blood cancers. I wonder if this all comes from my Grandma Vincent?

No comments: