Friday, October 23, 2009

TGIF

SO glad it's Friday! Don't know what our plans are but it's the weekend so that's all that matters. Joe might have to work on Sunday, 12 hours of overtime. YAY! I'm so glad he likes working and has such a great work ethic. It's hard to not be motivated by time and a half though!

We're hoping Joe's mom and dad will come down tomorrow for dinner. I've been on a cooking spree lately and I want to make dinner for them. It's so much fun using all of my new kitchen stuff! If they come down, I'm making Beef Stroganoff. Joe's aunt made this for us a couple of years ago when we visited them in Seattle. I remember always complaining when my mom said stroganoff was for dinner but this is the best I've ever had. Here's the recipe....definitely worth a try!

Beef Strogonoff
2 lbs meat, sliced into thin strips (best is filet Mignon)
4 cloves of minced garlic
Salt and pepper
2 onion, small sliced
4 tomatoes, pureed (DON’T use salsa or ready tomato sauce)
2 tablespoon butter
½ cup ketchup
½ cup cognac
1 cup fresh mushrooms
1 ½ cup heavy cream (Try to use Creme de leite)

Mix the meat with garlic, salt and pepper. Saute the onions with butter and add the meat until golden brown. Add the tomatoes, cook until the meat be very soft, add water if needed. Add the mushrooms, ketchup and cognac. Add the heavy cream and turn off the stove. Taste---might need more ketchup, cognac, salt or pepper.Serve with hot white rice and garnish with shoestrings.

And last, one of my favorite pictures of Sophie and I. She's 10 months today!
I love you, Sophie Marie!

1 comment:

Mesha said...

that is such a cute picture.