Friday, November 12, 2010

Ahhhh....sleep

Sleep, a thing I thought I would never get for more than an hour at a time! Breastfeeding makes it hard to get help with middle-of-the-night feedings and was leaving me feeling totally exhausted. We wanted to try to introduce Liam to a bottle but were worried that he would prefer the bottle over me and I wouldn't be able to continue breastfeeding. Our lactation lady said not to even try until 6 weeks yet our pediatrician said we had better try now before losing the "window of opportunity." So confusing when we get conflicting theories like that! My mother-in-law invited me to go to "A Christmas Story" in Seattle the Sunday after Thanksgiving so that's when I knew we better try a bottle. Otherwise there'd be no way I could be gone longer than 2 1/2, 3 hours! We decided to go for it and try it on Monday and he took it like a champ. I pumped, left a bottle for Joe and went to bed to hide. Apparently a lot of babies wont take it even if mommy is in the same room! I went to bed at 9 and woke up at 2 because he was hungry. That's right, for the first time since October 19, I got 5 whole hours of sleep. It was glorious! And addicting. I've been pumping every night now so Joe can do the 9ish o'clock feeding and I can go get a good stretch of sleep. It's amazing how much better I feel when he wakes me up at 2. And 4. And in the morning! I'm wide awake and feel like I'm ready to take on the day. Yay for bottles and a baby who was willing to take it. Now I'll just hope I didn't jinx myself by writing about this!

My in-laws came and spent the day with us yesterday. It was a fun day! I'm glad they came down and we're excited to go on our first overnight trip with Liam when we go up for our "Un-Thanksgiving" weekend. We always celebrate Thanksgiving with my family on actual Thanksgiving and then go up and spend the weekend at their house and have a mini Thanksgiving on Saturday. Looking forward to it!


And now, a picture of Sophie and Liam. Sophie can't say Liam so she calls him "Lemme" or "Baby Chole." Chloe is one of my sisters friends newborn, born about 4 weeks before Liam. Sophie has play dates with Chloe's older sister a lot so Chloe is the first baby she's been around. So now Liam, or probably all babies, are Baby Chloe. :)

No comments: