Friday, November 19, 2010

Babies galore


Yesterday I had lunch with friends and their babies, Aiden and Shailia. Shailia was born two days after Liam and Aiden is three months old. It was so fun to see them all together and see how big Aiden looks compared to Liam and Shailia! Aiden is so fun. Smiling like crazy, making cute sounds...I can't wait until Liam starts doing stuff like that!

It's so nice having other moms to talk to who have gone through everything so recently. It's weird, but even people with 12 months old seem to not remember these first weeks, days and months. Must be natures way. If they remembered all of the sleepless nights and other not-so-fun stuff vividly we'd probably have a very small population! No one can tell you what it will really be like. You hear, "It's the most amazing thing in the world...you're going to love it!" a lot, but at 3 in the morning when you haven't slept more than 2 hours it's hard to think that. And then you feel guilty for not feeling like it's the most amazing thing! Last night was amazing though. I fed Liam at 7:30 and not again until 12:17 am. I woke up feeling refreshed, happy to change him, feed him, snuggle and rock him back to sleep. I know my feelings of being not so happy all happen when I don't get enough sleep and have to wake up 5 times a night! After the 12:17am feeding I didn't have to feed him again until 4. So nice. I switched our routine up a little last night. I gave him a bath using the "gauranteed to make baby sleep better" soap (right!). The evening is always his fussy time and I think the bath really helped relax him. I'll let ya know tomorrow. Tonight will probably be like Wednesday night again. But just knowing that every once in awhile I will get a few hours of sleep makes me feel better! Whoever said "nap when they nap during the day" must not have had any other responsibilities. I can't do it! And I'm never tired enough. My sister says 12 weeks is the big turnaround. I shouldn't complain, Liam is a great baby...but having those stretches of sleep last night make me excited for it to continue on a (somewhat) consistent basis!

Sweet baby is sleeping now. Better go chug my cup of coffee before he wakes up and wants to eat! Happy Friday, happy weekend!

No comments: