Tuesday, August 9, 2011

mint.com

My friend Carly told me about this website, mint.com. It's really cool, it keeps track of all of your financial accounts and tracks all of your spending and categorizes it for you. It's interesting to see where all of our money goes. Just when I think I'm doing really good at not spending, I log on and get a slap in the face. The most common message is, "You spend a lot on gas." Haha. That's very true. But our cars are paid for so I don't mind. If I still had my Jeep it would be different. Big car payment, HUGE gas bill = double bad. I'd much rather have an older pre-loved car. Don't mind spending a ton on gas! Anyway, our top two spending categories in July were 1) home (mortgage) and 2) bills and utilities. I'm going to do better at tracking this month, it's really interesting to see! Anyway, I highly recommend this site, very helpful tool. And it adds all of your accounts, all you have to do is give your login info. Even has all of our retirement accounts so we can see everything. It's motivating and makes me want to save, save, save!

This is a random post, but I have to say how proud I am of Liam. Last week at his appointment his doctor told us he's a "trained night crier." He was still waking up during the night and the only way to get him to settle down was to feed him. She informed us that he had suceeded at training us to get up and basically learned how to manipulate me. Haha, smart boy, right? She said we needed to work on breaking that habit, saying if it doesn't stop by age 1, most likely it won't happen until age 2 or 3 when he's so worn out from his daily schedule he just can't wake up. That scared me! So we had to practice a little tough love and let him cry. Torture. Pure torture! The first night he cried for about 50 minutes (she told us not to go in...it just makes him more upset). He finally fell asleep and then slept the rest of the night. The second night he woke up at 4:30 and cried for 20 minutes then slept until 7:30. Last night he went to bed at 7:05 and is just now making sounds. YES! I am one happy mama!

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

what a smart boy!!!