Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend recap

Liam waiting for the doctor at his 9 month appt. last week


Whew! Another busy, fun-filled and productive weekend in the books. Actually, all of last week was a busy whirlwind it seems. But then again, it feels like every week is becoming more and more like that. Anyway, last week was a perfect week. Wednesday Joe was off so we did a Costco run and met Kim, George and Sophie for dinner at Goldie's and then went to YoCream to use our gift cards that we've had since Christmas. Perfect summer night! I had my yogurt loaded with fresh raspberries, blueberries and pineapple. I knew it was going to be spendy, as you're charged based on weight, but I knew it would be worth it. We went to pay and the girl said, "Are you sharing with him (pointing at Liam)?" I said no, and kinda looked at her like she was crazy, I'm sure....my baby doesn't eat that stuff! And then she said, "If you were sharing, it would be 99 cents...are you sure you aren't?" So then I said I was and she told me to take mine off of the scale. AWESOME. I felt guilty but she wanted me to only pay $.99 for it with those kinds of hints. I was so excited...and can't wait to go back and load up with $10 worth of fresh fruit and get it for practically free. Haha, it's the simple things in life, right?!

Oh, Liam also had his 9 month check-up on Wednesday. He's over 9 months but we were in Whistler when his original appointment was, so we had to reschedule. He's right on track for everything, 20lbs 1oz at 9 months/2 weeks old. Believe it or not (I was surprised), the doctor said he's on the "petite" side.

Saturday my in-laws came down to bring us their pressure washer and some painting supplies. Operation paint our house is underway. Can't WAIT to have this project done, and furthermore, not have a purple house anymore! Joe did prep work most of Saturday, between Squirrel Fest festivities, and all day yesterday. He's off Thursday-Tuesday so he hopes to get it totally painted by then. Here's to hoping! Now we just have to decide on a color, the hardest part of it all!

Yesterday we celebrated my sisters birthday. Bruno's, carrot cake and ice cream. The perfect birthday in my opinion. :)

Happy Monday!

No comments: