Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Fleas on a dog

Leave it to my dad to change the lyrics of "Feliz Navidad" to "Fleas on a Dog." Since he came up with this last weekend it's been stuck in my head ever since. Sing it---it actually really does sound the same! Thanks, dad. :)

I've been trying to figure out how I got so much shopping/baking/decorating/Christmas card writing done last Christmas. I was in the Christmas spirit and I really enjoyed every single day leading up to Christmas. I finally determined it's because I was only working part-time! Ahhh, those were the days. The only shopping I've done this year is online and I haven't done anything else. I finally mustered up enough energy to do order Christmas cards yesterday, they might make it to people by New Year's?

With that said, Christmas is less than two weeks away! We'll be spending Christmas Eve/Christmas in Longview with my family. Christmas is always fun, my dad loves Christmas and always has so much fun coming up with awesome presents for everyone, especially George and Joe. I think it must have been a little boring shopping for girls all of his life?! I think this years presents are the best yet---I can't wait to see Joe's reaction! I don't know if we'll be going to the in-law's or not. Jayne (joe's mom) is having surgery so she'll probably be out of commission....hoping they can come down for New Year's brunch after Jayne is better!

Hope everyone is enjoying the pre-Christmas madness. If only it would slow down a bit, I haven't even had a chance to enjoy the holiday cups at Starbuck's! Hoping we can do that this weekend. Saturday is the only day we have available so I'm thinking we'll trek down to Portland....I need a little NW 23rd in my life! It's so festive at Christmas!

Happy Wednesday!

2 comments:

The Gehrings said...

So cute that your dad changed the words to Feliz Navidad! My dad does that too! My dad used to ask me why they would have commercials for a goat factory (Burlington Coat Factory). :)

J.Han said...

"Bad Moon on the Rise" by CCR my MIL sings "...there's a bathroom on the right..." Totally ruined the song for me! I know what you mean about Christmas-I was just telling Chanelle last night that although I love my job, this is the time of year (this and summer, haha) that it would be nice to just have a part time job.