Monday, June 20, 2011

Busy weekend!

Yep, he went with g'ma Jayne and I to get pedicures. He did great and the ladies LOVED him!

I am exhausted! It was one busy weekend. I woke up this morning with the same dread I used to feel waking up and having to go to work on Monday after a busy weekend. My alarm clock (Liam) went off at around 5:30 and I kept hitting snooze (pretending I didn't hear him--he was just talking) and delayed getting up as long as possible. His talking got louder, like "Mooom, I'm starting to get impatient!" so I got up and fed him. He went back to bed immediately after I fed him and so did I. And it felt so good! None of us slept much this weekend, Liam has already been down for his morning nap since 9, I think I should've taken another little snooze, too!

We spent the weekend at the in-laws. It was a great weekend, non-stop the entire time! As soon as we got there on Friday, Liam, Jayne and I went swimming at the Y. Liam was so tired but still had fun. I love taking him swimming! Saturday Liam and I went to a birthday party for friends of ours that live in Puyallup. He was worn out from that and went to bed at 6:30ish Saturday night! All of us adults ended up staying up really like. Like 2 am late. We were visiting with my brother- in-law though, so it was worth feeling totally exhausted when my alarm clock (Liam, again) went off at 4:30am. :)

Sunday we had Father's Day Brunch and celebrated Grandma Poppy's 82nd birthday. I had such a great time! And so did Mr. Liam. He was in total sensory overload mode, but he did great and I think he enjoyed all the excitement and people. He's just like his mama! For brunch I made sticky buns, lemon bars, carmel apple pie and baked French toast casserole. Jayne made a traditional breakfast casserole, there was tons of fruit, mimosas, carrot and chocolate cake...so much stuff! It was my first time making the French toast casserole but it was sooo good. It's definitely a keeper! But also one of those that I should only be allowed to make once or twice a year. Isn't that the case with any of Paula Deen's recipes though!?

One of the main reasons we went up this weekend was so Joe could do some routine maintenance on our Subaru..stuff that needs to be done when it turns 105,000. His parents have the best set-up, even a hydraulic lift, it looks like you're walking into a service department! Our car was up in the air all weekend getting worked on. He replaced belts, gaskets, changed the oil...and lots of other stuff that I can't remember! It was a big project and now our car is in tip-top shape. He thinks it would've cost around $1500 to have all the work done at the dealership, we only had to buy all of the parts for about $300. Since our car was out of commission, I got to drive Jayne's 2011 Outback a few times. I'm in love! :)

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

No comments: