Sunday, June 5, 2011

One week

It's been one week since I logged on to Facebook. Actually, I take that back. I logged on for two minutes on Wednesday so I could play the Nuts for Hawaii game on Alaska Airlines FB page. I didn't win. :( But when I logged on to play, I immediately went to their page and then logged back off. I'm missing out on all the breaking news. Did so-and-so have her baby? Did so-and-so find out if they're having a boy or a girl? Are people responding to reunion Facebook posts/questions? What pictures did Aili tag me in? Got an email saying I was tagged, this could be bad! I checked my email Facebook folder and saw all the messages I have. These people don't know I've decided to quit cold turkey--and I don't have their email. And I don't talk to them enough to pick up the phone and let them know I'm not avoiding them, I just can't log on to respond!

I guess I never realized just how much Facebook is a main form of communication nowadays. I think I might have to ease myself back into it. I don't know when I will, but I'm making a pledge to myself to not use it on my phone. Leave it only for the real computer (because I'm hardly ever on the laptop). By not being on at all I'm falling behind on high school reunion stuff, moms group stuff, etc. When used in moderation, it really can be a great communication tool!

Anyway, with that said, I know I could go longer without being on, but I almost feel a sense of responsibility to get back on, if only for communicating on the moms group board and with the other reunion planners. We'll see what happens!

Yesterday was the best day! I woke up super early, was able to exercise before Liam and Joe woke up and then the in-laws called and said they needed a Liam fix. They came down in the afternoon and were with us all day. It was a great visit....Liam loved it! Even though he took a two hour afternoon nap while they were here. I felt bad he did that, of course he decides to take a long nap when he has people here specifically to see him! He woke up around 4:30 and was in bed for the night at 7:30. My little love bug! He's still sleeping as I write this. I think he's having a major growth spurt. He woke up at 2:30 last night (he's been sleeping through the night) and Joe went in to try to get him to go back to sleep. After about 30 minutes Joe came to get me and said he could hear Liam's tummy growling. He was starvin!

Ok, coffee time....happy SUNNY Sunday!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

If I need to get REAL work done...I turn the computer off and make a mental note to keep it off until whatever time. Maybe that will help you?? I should turn my computer off today!!!