Friday, June 12, 2009

3 months from today.....

I will be a Mrs! I know I sound like a broken record but I really can't believe how fast time has gone! The wedding has seemed so far off for so long and now suddenly it's only three months away. I told Joe last night I feel like my mind is constantly going---so much to do, so many things to figure out between now and then.

We crossed one major item off our list though. We finally decided on Maui for our Honeymoon. Joe's parents donated 100K air miles, so we'll be flying for free and staying at the Westin. We're taking advantage of the awesome Costco deal that we found here. Now is the time to travel! Alaska Airlines is even having a Hawaii sale, $169 one way from Portland to Maui. Crazy! We'll stay 6 nights at the Westin and then move to a different part of Maui for the last 3 nights. We're both so excited for this trip. The last time we were in Maui I was in a wheelchair waiting to find out if I had cancer, a benign tumor or a bone infection. I couldn't walk, couldn't get in the water thanks to my biopsy wounds and was pretty much miserable. After everything we've been through, this will be a well deserved trip.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

4 comments:

J.Han said...

WOOOOHOOOO!!! Maybe you need handful of new bikini's for this trip?! How exciting!

Anonymous said...

just wait, the time will start going by quicker and you will find you have no free weekends left!

.... and then it's all over....

-Becky

Anonymous said...

Katie,
I am combing thru my files as I am leaving GMA Weekend next week, to try and find a more family-friendly WEEKDAY producing job. I hopped on your blog to see how you were doing. Glad to know that you are healthy, looking forward to your wedding, and celebrating your adorable niece. Great news! Take care.
Nicole Young

sumibal said...

Katie, aloha!
Congratulations. Maui is perfect to celebrate romance. We look forward to welcoming you and Joe and pampering you both with a renewing experience right on Ka'anapali Beach at The Westin Maui Resort & Spa.
Warmest aloha,
Sumithra Balraj
Director, Public Relations
www.westinmaui.com