Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

New Year's 2006 in Puerto Vallarta---dancing to YMCA

Happy Father's Day! We celebrated Father's Day last night by having dinner at Screendoor in Portland. It was delicious as usual and I scarfed down my usual, the Carolina Pulled Pork sandwich with sweet potato fries. I've mentioned this restaurant before, but it's a "must try" when you're in Portland. Get there early though, this place has become super popular after being featured in magazines like Portland Monthly, and a line starts forming around 5:15 (they don't open their doors until 5:30).

On this Father's Day I am so thankful for my dad. He is such a wonderful person and he has accomplished so much. I'm so proud to say that he's my dad. From risking everything and leaving his job at Weyerhaeuser to start CAS to being involved in the community, he is passionate about everything he does and always gives everything his all. I'm sure being the only man in the house wasn't always easy, but he was always patient and never seemed to mind it. He spent so many weekends following "his girls" around the mall, patiently waiting us to finish shopping. He never got mad though, just went along with it. I remember one time we wanted to go shopping but it was a big game day. Dad didn't refuse to go with, he just went along with it. I remember he had a little hand-held portable TV that he would take and try to get reception while waiting on a mall bench for us for hours on end. I don't know many guys that would do that!

Joe's dad is a great dad, too. I love seeing Joe and his dad together. His dad can hardly keep his hands off Joe! Joe and his dad talk can talk on the phone for hours on end and you can just see his dad light up whenever he's around Joe. When I see this, it makes me realize what an awesome dad Joe will be!

Cheers to our dads for being such influential people in our lives!

No comments: