Sunday, November 15, 2009

Perfect ski day!

Yesterday we went skiing at Timberline and it was an absolute perfect day. The conditions were great, the crowds weren't bad and best of all, the sun was out! I was a little apprehensive about going since I was going to be the only girl but I kept up with the guys and even out skied two of the guys that went with us. Definitely not Joe though. I finally tuckered out around 3:30 after skiing from 9 and only about 1/2 hour for lunch. He could've easily gone till closing......my legs just weren't having it. I've come a long way since last ski season. It's exciting to see how all of my working out has made my leg strong and (for the most part) back to how it was before cancer. Can't wait to go again soon! However after I get my 5 or 6 trips in for the season I'll be good.....Joe has already gone twice, I'm guessing he'll probably go about 25 times this season. I'm good with 5. :)

Today I'm making dinner for Kim, George, mom, dad and Sophie (she eats little bites now!). On the menu: Stuffed mushrooms, chicken with wild mushrooms and balsamic cream sauce and orzo, baked acorn squash and bread pudding with rum sauce. I'll post the recipes if they turn out to be good, they're my gophers! :)

Happy Sunday!

No comments: