Monday, April 26, 2010

And I'm back.



Our trip was fabulous! We landed in Amsterdam about an hour before they shut the airports down. For a week. And our scheduled flight out just so happened to be on the first day that flights started flying out again so we made it back with no problems.

We had gorgeous weather to explore in and saw so many things. Don't know where to start! I think the highlights were going to Keukenhof to see all of the gorgeous tulips and our trip to Brugge, Belgium. Such a beautiful city, not as busy as the other big cities we saw. Definitely need to stay there for two or three days if we go back. Our hotel, Grand Hotel Amrath, was awesome and had a free mini-bar. Being that I couldn't drink and Joe couldn't keep up with the daily replenishing, we came back with our own mini liquor collection!

Once again mom and I were totally fascinated by the Red Light District and drove Joe and Dad crazy always wanting to walk through and observe what was going on! I didn't get mean mugged this time, I think I learned my lesson doing that last time!

All in all it was a great trip and we had such a fun time traveling with mom and dad. Memories that will last forever! I came back really sick though and wasn't able to kick it all weekend. It knocked me out and zapped every ounce of energy I had out of me. That on top of dealing with jet lag made for a miserable homecoming. Feeling like the worst is over now, so thankful I didn't feel like that on our trip!

Hope everyone has a great Monday!

P.S. Happy Birthday, Dad! I love you!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

YES! I didn't know what to do without your blog!