Thursday, April 29, 2010

On staying at home....


Now that everyone knows I'm pregnant the big question is whether or not I'll be going back to work after having the baby. Someone asked me yesterday and when I told them I was going to be staying at home they said, "Really, you WANT to do that?" I can't imagine doing anything but! I thought about their response all day......
I'm already so in love, just hearing the heartbeat and seeing the tiny little picture at our 12 week ultrasound. If I knew I had to go back to work I think I'd be in a deep depression right now. Joe and I always agreed that we wouldn't even try to have kids until we knew we'd be able to do it with me staying at home. Thankfully we're able to make it with me staying at home and luckily Joe has the same beliefs as I when it comes to this. It wont be a cake walk but we're both willing to give up a lot in order to make it happen. We wont be driving new cars or be going on as many vacations.....but that is fine with me. I've always wanted to be a mom and I don't think there's any job that could be more fulfilling than being a mom and raising our kids!

3 comments:

Elaine said...

I hear ya sista!

J.Han said...

I say: DO WHAT YOU WANT!!! and...if by chance a few years later-you decide that you neeeed to get a job just so you can do something out of the house-don't feel bad about THAT either! Do whatever makes you happy. Happy moms=good moms.

Sally Bartlett said...

Best choice I ever made! I didn't start out thinking I'd want to stay home, but my 5 years in the classroom seeing the students who had moms at home compared to those who didn't cemented the decision for me!

There are so many fun "mommy" things to do around here, too: MOPS, Parks & Rec activities, etc. Great ways to meet other moms with young kids!

Congratulations!!!