Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Don't stop reading!

I promise I'll start blogging again soon. With a weekend away, more work drama, our trip to Amsterdam, clothes starting to not fit----I've just had lots of other things on my mind!

Last weekend we went to Seattle. I went to the fashion show with the girls on Saturday night. It was exactly like a fashion show you would see on TV. 7' tall girls, crazy clothes...it was very interesting. And Anna did great! It makes me want to go back to Seattle and explore. The show was in Ballard but we went to Lennie and Anna's house first in Fremont. So many cute little stores and restaurants! Saturday night we hung out with Chris and Becky and played a new version of crummy rummy. I of course lost every hand, but hey---I still had a blast. You need to come down and play with us again, Becky!

Monday I met Kendra and Joanna for lunch at the Shamrock. Much needed gossip/girl time. And I must say, one of the best french dips I've ever had. Really. At the Shamrock. Who would've thought?! I really think we need to make it a Monday ritual!

And today, the day we've been waiting for......VACATION! It's hard to believe that we'll be in a far away country this time tomorrow! Not looking forward to the long flight but hoping I can sleep. And if not, Joanna gave me a book to read and I can't wait to get started! It's Pre-Parenting: Nurturing your Child from Conception. I have been tempted to read it ever since Monday but have resisted the urge---I have a feeling it will be finished by the time we land in Amsterdam! Joe's first question was, "Is Joanna pregnant?" :)

Alright, time to go finish up last minute things. I can't leave with any dirty laundry, including towels, so I got up extra early to make sure everything is clean, folded and put away before we leave. Oh, and I should probably finish packing.....

Gauw tot ziens! (See you soon in Dutch. At least that's what it says online!)

No comments: