Friday, April 2, 2010

What I just ordered...

Why you ask? Because I'm sure our future little baby will look absolutely adorable wearing them! That's right, we've got a baby on the way! We've been keeping it as quiet as possible, but since I hit the big 12 week mark yesterday we feel better about telling everyone. We are SO excited! After trying for what seemed like forever and not even knowing if we'd be able to because of all of the cancer treatment I went though, we were successful. Au natural too I might add. :)

Baby S is due on October 15. We had our first ultrasound last Thursday and it was the most amazing thing I've ever witnessed. As soon as the picture popped up on the monitor we could see its hands moving around and it's heart beating rapidly at 160bpm. For the longest time I was convinced there was no way I could really be pregnant. I went through about 20 pregnancy tests---even up until Wednesday of last week before our first ultrasound! I just couldn't believe that it was true, especially since I haven't had any symptoms whatsoever. No nothing! After seeing our baby last Thursday it made me feel truly blessed that everything has gone so smoothly. My first thought was, "Thank goodness---it's arms are moving that means there's a heartbeat!!" :) Everyone has said that the worst of it should be over by now, so I think I just got lucky. I was totally exhausted at first but that was fine---I love sleeping anyway!

Anyway, that's the latest news in our family. I don't think I've ever seen Joe quite so giddy and excited before. He's going to be a great dad, I can't wait for this new chapter in our lives!

7 comments:

J.Han said...

HOOOOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!! So, basically you don't want me to get your any purple/gold stuff??? haha.

Elaine said...

That is so exciting. I'm really happy for you guys.

Alicia said...

Congratulations Mama Katie and Daddy Joe!!!

Corrinne said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Woohoo you went public, congrats!

Katie said...

Thanks everyone!

The Gehrings said...

Congratulations! How exciting!