Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

Joe and I at Joanna and Abe's. Notice Joe's glasses...so patriotic! And the Polaroid, love it!

What a weekend! It was busy from the time I left work on Friday till I went to bed last night. And I loved every minute of it. It was quite possibly the best 4th of July weekend in a long time!

Saturday was the 2nd Annual Cardboard Boat Regatta at the lake. It was a blast! Joanna's husband took 2nd place out of 50+ boats! Joe wants to have a boat next year. I hope he does! Mostly because I want to ride in it during the parade! :)
Abe's awesome boat, the Banana Slug!


Sunday we went to Joanna and Abe's for a BBQ. So fun! She is the best hostess! We ended the night at our friend Robby's house. I went to my sisters to watch the fireworks, Joe stayed at Robby's and watched from the roof. The view from Kim's house was amazing! We ended up getting home after 1am. Haven't stayed up that late since.....I can't remember. It took a toll though as I ended up sleeping in until after 9 yesterday. Haven't done that for longer than I can remember either!
I've decided that Longview is a pretty fun place to be on the 4th of July. So many fun things going on, so many traditions! Can't wait for next year!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

Yes! Awesome blog entry!