Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Mmmm...glucola!

Yesterday after my doctor appointment I had the pleasure of drinking this tasty concoction, Glucola. Or pure, orange flavored sugar. I had my glucose screening test and had to drink this in 5 minutes while the lab tech watched. Then I had to go back to the waiting room and wait an hour and then get blood drawn. It wasn't as bad as some of the other stuff I've had to drink, like barium sulfate, but it was still pretty tortorous. And I think a big shock to my system. I'm not a soda drinker---or any sugar beverage drinker for that matter. After the test I felt like I could go run a marathon and then about 25 minutes after that I was so sleepy I could barely keep my eyes open. Hopefully that means my body metabolized the sugar fast and I'll past the test? We shall see!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am completely convinvced you never read you comments. I don't know how many questions I have asked youa dn never gotten a response, so here goes again... Why did they have to watch you drink it? And any baby names of the table yet?