Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dinner success!

My in-laws stopped by yesterday on their way home from the Oregon Dunes. I wanted to have dinner for them but since I knew I had to work until 5 and they'd be at our house around 4, it had to be something simple. Pulled pork sandwiches it was! And this was the best pulled pork yet, thanks to the three ingredients above. My sister has a recipe she uses and said it had various ingredients besides the sauce but since I didn't have the exact amounts I just winged it. Mixed chopped onion, brown sugar, yellow mustard, apple cider vinegar and worchestire. After that I added the meat to the crock pot and brushed with a mixture of the super spicy Stubb's BBQ sauce and Sweet Baby Ray's. Turned it on to cook before I left for work and it was good to go when I walked in the door. SO. GOOD. This is definitely my favorite meal. Oh, and the Texas Champagne...can't get enough of it. Each bite of my sandwich is doused with it. The in-laws loved it too---even the pickiest of eaters, my father in law. A dinner success! And a great evening spent with them!

Oh, and the best thing about this pulled pork? Even though all four of us had sandwiches, we still have enough for dinner tonight. Yes!

No comments: