Thursday, October 28, 2010

Introducing Liam Vincent Sanderson



He's here, he's here! Liam Vincent Sanderson as born on 10.20.10 at 10:22pm and is the most amazing and best thing that's ever happened to us. I've always heard that you don't really know what love is until you have a child and that is so true. I never could have imagined how in love I would be with our sweet baby boy!

Last Wednesday was like any other day. I was up early with Joe before he went to work, cleaned house and had an NST (non-stress test) at 11am. The test showed that baby was still thriving and was fine to stay until our induction date on 10.26. In fact, I didn't have a single contraction the entire hour I was hooked up to the machine so I thought for sure he wouldn't be here until the 26th.

At around 5pm I started feeling a little different but wasn't in that much pain. I had plans to go for dinner with my parents since Joe was working until 7:45 so we went to the Cow Deli and that's when it all started. Suddenly my pain started getting worse. I powered through it but as I was about to start eating my soup my water broke at 6:15pm. Sorry for all of you Cow Deli lovers. I wont say which booth it happened in! I called Joe at work and told him and he headed right home. Mom drove me home, I jumped in the shower and at that point the pain was becoming unbearable...and contractions were about 6-7 minutes apart. We gathered all of our stuff and took off. At this point I was in so much pain I couldn't talk. We got to the hospital at around 7:10 and the nurse that checked us in said we were staying....and she was calling Dr. Saraf because she thought things were going to go fast.

Our nurse was right. Since I had cancer they had to do a bunch of blood work before giving me my epidural. Little did we know that I was almost totally dilated at this point, which is the reason I was in so much pain. They finally got the blood work back and gave the anesthesiologist the go ahead to give me my epidural. The nurse checked me again and was shocked but it was time for me to push. I didn't get to enjoy any of the benefits of the epi! I pushed for about 20 minutes and he was born. Only 3 hours after we arrived at the hospital! Everyone was shocked at how fast it happened and said our next baby will come even faster. Lucky me!

Life since last Wednesday has been wonderful. We've been totally blown away with all of the love and support we've gotten from friends and family. Meals delivered, gifts, flowers...it all means so much and we love introducing him to everyone! He is so loved already!

This is the first time I've actually sat down at the computer since the last time I blogged. Breastfeeding is a full time job for sure. When I'm not feeding him I'm either enjoying holding him, relaxing with Joe, visiting with visitors or getting stuff done around the house. I love our little family! And I've also loved having Joe off. He'll go back to work next Thursday after being off for two weeks. Joe has been SO amazing, he's an awesome dad---it melts my heart to see him interact with Liam!

Next post: how Daddy stole the show from Liam on the big day. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Alicia said...

What a fabulous family!!! You three look soo happy!!! Many blessings!!!

Elaine said...

Katie,

I am so happy for you and Joe. I love the name Liam. Happy nursing!

Unknown said...

Katie & Joe;
We have been following your exciting adventure on your blog while we have been in Spokane tending to theaffairs of Darlene's mom.

Congratulations to you and Joe. He is a great addition to your beautiful family. Lynn & Darlene