Friday, October 15, 2010

Today is a great day to have a baby!

But let's be real, it's not going to happen today. Every morning when Joe leaves for work he says, "Maybe I'll get a call saying it's time today." Maybe I'm totally wrong but I just don't think it's going to happen before the 26th. I wake up every morning feeling the same as usual. Or maybe I'm being really ignorant and it's going to happen when I least expect it. Like when we're walking the lake and are 2 miles from our car. Or when I'm on the freeway coming home from Portland or Vancouver. I've been on the go constantly just because I don't think it's going to happen! Perhaps I should get wise and get everything for the hospital in the car just in case? Might be a good idea...

Yesterday I had to go for a fetal non-stress test (NST) because I'm overdue. It measures fetal heart rate in response to it's own movements. They hooked me up and we had to wait and be monitored for 20 minutes. She came back in at the end of 20 minutes and he hadn't moved so she gave me a sucker. The sugar in the sucker woke him up almost instantly! It was so amazing. They were then able to get the readings they needed and everything looked great. According to the machine I had one small contraction while I was being monitored but I couldn't feel it, just a Braxton Hicks. It always amazes me when we're able to listen to his heartbeat. Truly a miracle!

Hope everyone has a great weekend...maybe next time I write it will be to post a picture of our sweet little boy!

4 comments:

J.Han said...

Be patient Katie! (I know, it's easier said than done). You don't want to give the kid mental issues by shoving him out already (like I have!!!). :) Maybe he's giving you time to settle on a name?

a.claypool said...

Ha ha, it's true...about the name thing. It's like with Corbin, my contractions started while I was making a shirt for Chris to wear to the hospital. It's almost like Corbin knew we were finally ready.

I bet if you settled on a name...ha ha, or put it on a shirt...or let ME put the name on a shirt, you'd go into labor fast!

Can't wait to meet Li-Jack, or Jackam.

Anonymous said...

I think you are posting this to purposefully jinx yourself so he'll come out! haha.

Good luck int he next few days!

-April U

Anonymous said...

Katie, I loved reading your blog. You have a really great way with words. Hope that little guy gets here soon. My BD is the 26th and thats a pretty good date. Lynn Heston