Tuesday, February 22, 2011

4 months!

I'm a couple of days late, but Liam is now 4 months old! I should start every monthly-milestone blog the same---"it's gone so fast, I can't believe it"---because I'm beginning to sound like a broken record! It really has though. Yet in some ways I find it hard remembering what an 8lb baby felt like. He's become quite the load to tote around!

For his 4 month celebration, Joe and I spent the day with my sister, bro-in-law and Sophie. The guys watched the babies while we had massages (SO nice), we did a Costco run, had dinner at 360 and dessert at Menchie's. It was a perfect day and we've decided we need to keep making it a monthly date!

Ever since we got back from Maui, Liam had been sleeping horribly. Like he did when he was a newborn, waking up every 2-3 hours and not going back to sleep unless I fed him. I researched and talked to other moms and supposedly it's what they call a "4 month sleep regression", basically a fancy name for a big growth spurt. It was hard to take since he had been sleeping 11-12 hours every night. I felt like a zombie for a few days and realized it probably happens so you don't forget how exhausting those first weeks are and get tricked in to having another too soon. :)
During this time, we noticed some very big changes. He is talking (we call cooing talking!) like crazy, grabbing toys on his jumper, etc. It's like all of a sudden everything is clicking and he realizes he's in control of his voice, his hands...that all takes a lot of energy and calories. Hearing him and seeing him move it's no wonder why he needed more to eat during this time. I think it might be over now though. He went to bed at 7:15 last night, I think that's the earliest yet, and is still sleeping at 7:41am. Thank you, Liam. :)

I'm still breastfeeding and feel so good about it. It's crazy to think that's the only thing he's had these past 4 months. I'm so glad I have been able to do it, I love it. It's so easy and convenient, I really dislike the whole bottle thing. My house already looks like a daycare with all the baby gear everywhere, the last thing I need is a counter full of bottle pieces to add to the mess! Hoping I'm as lucky with baby #2 someday!

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: