Sunday, July 31, 2011

Done, done and done!



The Mark Morris Class of 2001 reunion is OVER. Hard to believe we first met to talk about it this time last summer and now it's already come and gone. It went a lot better than I expected...it was good to see (most) people and Joe and I had a fun time. I think we may have been the only two sober people in attendance besides the pregnant girls but that just makes it that more entertaining! I think the biggest negative (that I can mention on my public blog) was the music. We heard a lot of people complaining about it, too. It was SO loud. Dana and I were sitting side by side and could hardly hear each other talk. We decided we're too old for that...we prefer softer music so we can carry on a conversation without having to say "what, what" repeatedly. Kind of awkward when you haven't seen someone in 10 years and you can't hear what each other are saying! It was more like a nightclub than anything. Great for some people, a little too crazy for us lame o's. Haha. I think it would've been perfect to have softer music for an hour or so while people were eating and catching up and then turned it up to more of a party atmosphere. But what do I know....


I stood at the door collecting money for a good part of the night and I'm glad I did. I feel like I got to say hi and talk to everyone. Joe found everything highly entertaining, especially as the night progressed. For the most part, most people haven't changed a bit. But I think we all kind of expected it to be that way.


I could go on and on and on but like I said, not really sure who reads this! Lol.


A huge thanks to my mom and dad for watching Liam Friday and Saturday so I could be at both of the events. I've been stressed about leaving him for months! Friday was the first time I've ever not been with him at bedtime. It made me sad, I love our bedtime routine. I was worried he'd protest my mom putting him to bed but he went right down, didn't even miss me. ;)


Happy Sunday!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

ask her if it smelled like whiskey in there! pret-ty sure that will be our last time borrowing the mascot uni. haha