Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Weekend whirlwhind!


Having fun at Skamania!
At the top of Beacon Rock

Wow! We've been going nonstop since last Thursday. It was a busy and wonderful few days, a great way to celebrate Liam's first Fourth of July! On Thursday morning we took off for Skamania Lodge for the night. We got a great deal thanks to Living Social. It was a great little getaway. On our way there we stopped and hiked Beacon Rock, this was Liam's first big hike. He seemed to like it and daddy loved having his little buddy on his back. I had never been here, the views were amazing! On our way home Friday, we stopped and hiked to the very top of Multnomah Falls. Another great hike, such gorgeous views! Doing these things makes me realize what an amazing place we live in. On our drive home the views of Mt. Hood were so gorgeous. And it's really cool to think that we were driving by Mt. Hood and in 2 hours we were at the beach! We really have the best of everything here, even if it does rain. A lot. :)

We got home Friday afternoon, Liam took a nap, I went to a class reunion planning meeting and then we took off for the beach for 4 nights. We had so much fun! My sisters in-laws went with us this time, it's always fun when a big group goes. We flew kites, rode bikes, had fires, had fun with fireworks...it was the perfect way to spend the 4th. I was really bummed last night when we got home. I am my happiest when I'm surrounded by people. It was pretty lonely being in a silent house with a sleeping baby and a working husband last night!

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

I agree about where we live...and I laughed at the rain part. A lot. HAHA.