Monday, November 11, 2013

Three days behind!

Thankful Day 9:  Thankful for my morning coffee.  It's what gets me out of the bed in the morning---and I go to bed at night looking forward to it.  Best enjoyed with a silent house, newspaper (yes, I still read a newspaper and it gets delivered daily!) and then phone or computer time.  Ahhhh.  Mornings are my favorite time of the day.

Thankful Day 10: Thankful that I had a boy.  When I found out I was having a boy, I couldn't imagine it.  I admit I even cried like a baby the next day to my mom.  I was worried he won't love me like I love my parents when he grows up (just because he's a boy), that he'd be crazy (I was right about that one) and I wouldn't know what to do with him.  Fast forward three years to now.  I really can't imagine having a girl.  And if we have another, although I'm not too hung-up on gender, I think I would prefer a boy.  They are so much easier.  And it's true, they sure do love their mamas---even if he does beat me daily. ;)

Thankful Day 11:  Thankful for a fun-filled weekend!  Saturday was my friend Joanna's baby shower.  It was a couples shower and it ended up being more like a bbq.  I left to help Mikie at around 10am and didn't get home that night until 8:30pm.  Exactly how I like my days to be!  We also got to enjoy a great adult-only dinner to celebrate Joanna's birthday.  It's so nice to have a meal in peace!  Yesterday was opposite at dinner.  Liam isn't the best restaurant goer.  I'm used to it, I've accepted it...we try not to eat out much anyway...but it's like taking a wild animal out of the zoo!  The place we went was packed so Joe, Liam and I had to squeeze in one side of the booth.  I was in the middle and got trampled on, fooded on, crayoned on, you name it.  I still managed to enjoy my dinner, it was SO good, but it's even better when I'm not getting clobbered on the entire time. THEN we went to PDX and rented a minivan!  We are seriously contemplating buying one so we decided to rent one for a few days.  So far I am in love.  It's the greatest thing ever.  I can't wait to go pick my parents up and give them a ride.  And then my sister and Sophie.  Liam didn't want to get out when we got home. :)


No comments: