Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Thankful

It's that time of year again, a lot of people are posting what they are thankful for EVERY SINGLE DAY on Faceobok.  It actually seems like a lot less are doing it this year, maybe because so many people ridicule it?  Someone posted something yesterday that said, "It's that time of year again---when people who've complained non-stop for the past year are suddenly thankful for 30 days."  (Or something like that).  Lol.

I decided to try it on here, maybe it will motivate me to blog every day.  I have some catching up to do.  And keep in mind, these are no where close to being in order of thankfulness.

November 1:  SO thankful for Liam not asking a single question about his Halloween candy.  I thought for sure it would be a battle all day.  Also thankful for the best Halloween yet.  It was a blast!

November 2:  Thankful that Joe has every Saturday and (kind of) Sunday off.  He has a crazy work schedule, we value our weekends so much!

November 3:  Thankful for long-time friends.  I went to Dana's baby shower tonight, we've been friends for about 18 years.  Hard to believe, and happy these people are still in my life after all that time.  Fun to see everyone having babies, too!

November 4:  Thankful for my relationships with Joe's family. His aunt and uncle stopped by on their way home from the beach today, I love them.  They're like a second set of parents to me.  They listen to my complaints, give me advice...they are both important people in my life.

November 5:  Thankful for MOPS (Mothers-of-Preschoolers).  I started going last year but got more involved this year, I needed the accountability to force myself to go.  It was out of my comfort zone to leave Liam (and he really doesn't like it) so I knew getting involved would force me to keep trying rather than just skipping it.  I've met some great moms and it helps so much to know I'm not alone---we are all in this together!  I always leave feeling refreshed.

November 6:  Thankful that my immediate family lives in town.  Although I have a feeling my sister might not be here for long, it's so fun having Sophie and Liam grow up together.  I never had any cousins that were close in age and always envied those that did.  They love each other so much, even if they do fight like siblings at times!  And it's so nice to be able to have spontaneous lunch dates, playdates, etc.  And Liam loves being able to drop by my parents house to play.

Ok, bored out of your mind yet?  I'm making fun of myself for doing this.  We'll see if I actually keep it up.
Hope everyone has a great Wednesday!


No comments: