Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Thankful Days 12 and 13

Thankful Day 13:  I am SO thankful how easily Liam has took on the task of potty training.  He is so stubborn, when I would ask or try, he would absolutely freak out and say he didn't want to, diapers are more comfortable, didn't want to be a big boy...you name it.  Then the day before Halloween we were at Carly's and he made a deal with me that he'd try to go on the "big boy potty" when we got home from Gavin's.  I thought he was just humoring me so I made him shake on it.  And then had to explain what shaking on it meant.  Anyway, sure enough, when we got home from Gavin's, he ran to the bathroom and went.  WHAT?!?!  Who is this kid!  And it's been smooth sailing since.  He's had a few accidents but I would say less than 10.  I haven't gotten brave enough to do the undies when we are out and about, but I think he would do fine as his diapers are usually dry when we get home.  YES.  I thought he'd be in diapers until college for sure!

Thankful Day 12:  Yesterday I was thankful for having the best day ever on Monday.  We took Joanna to a spa in Portland for her baby shower gift.  And we decided to all go with her and make it a girls day (thanks for agreeing to that, Jo)!  The weather was gorgeous, the spa treatment was heavenly and dinner and all 4 of our desserts were delicious.  My cup was full that night.  I absolutely love days like that!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

Holy shiz, I'm just now catching up on your blog! I wonder why WHY WHY it won't come up on my feed anymore?! I'm grateful for YOU and our long time friendship that we rekindled!