Thursday, June 17, 2010

23 Weeks


I follow a blog called The Southern Belle Baby and for her weekly baby updates she did a short survey---I'm going to copy her and try it this week!

How far along? 23 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Ha! Some people actually lose weight?! I guess I can thank the lack of morning sickness for that not happening. As far as how much I've gained? No clue. Seriously. And I like it that way!
Maternity clothes? Most of the time. I've been wearing pre-pregnancy pants but at my appointment yesterday doctor said to avoid them---don't want any unneeded pressure on baby. Hardest clothing dilemma thus far is finding something to wear to the wedding on Saturday. Thought one of my summer dresses would work but because of the bump it's shorter in the front. Not cute!
Sleep: Like a baby! I'm still comfortable on my stomach but I asked doctor if that was ok yesterday and like wearing pre-pregnancy pants, he doesn't recommend it. So sad! That's my favorite way to sleep. Although lately I always wake up on my side. Last night I used a pillow my sister gave me and it forced me to sleep on my side. Guess it'll be the newest guest in our bed for the next 4 months. It's like Joe but much softer. :)
Best moment this week: Appointment yesterday. Got to hear the heartbeat and have all of my questions answered---I love the check-ups! And since I called and they told me nothing too exciting would happen at the appointment, we decided Joe didn't need to take the time off of work so my mom and Sophie came with me. I think they both enjoyed hearing baby on the monitor!
Movement: Feeling him a lot lately! Can't wait till Joe can feel it---but doctor said it will be a few more weeks.
Food cravings: Watermelon (still), tomato soup
Gender: A sweet little baby boy.
Labor signs: No thank you!
Belly button in or out? Hasn't changed and I'm hoping it stays put!
Stretchmarks? None yet! Mom, sister and aunt didn't get any so I'm hoping I follow that trend!
What I'm looking forward to: Joe feeling movement for the first time
Weekly wisdom: Exercise! Read something yesterday that said moms who exercise regularly throughout pregnancy tend to have babies with higher IQs. So many benefits! And it keeps me happy too.
Milestones: Being more than halfway done and having only one minor symptom: heartburn the last few days. I've been so lucky!

I was reading my Baby Center update this morning and it says baby is more than 11 inches now! Starting to grow so fast!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

YAY! *and on the cookie blog, I would've made them last night, except we don't have cocoa powder. So in a way, I lucked out. Not!