Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hello, hello!

Sorry for the lack of blog posts. Life has been....busy. Actually, blogging has just been the last thing I have wanted to do lately. And when I decide I will I get distracted and end up doing something else instead! Seriously though, the days are FLYING by and I can't even keep track of what day it is. I feel like I'm in a weird time warp. It's going slow--in terms of baby coming--yet so fast in every other way.

So what's new? I decided it would be fun to help plan my 10 year class reunion. We had our first meeting last night. Any readers want to donate money to the current ZERO dollars we have to plan the party?! There were only three of us girls who showed up at the meeting and I have a feeling we'll be the only three from here on out. Oh well, sometimes the less people involved, the easier planning something big is. Riiight? We'll keep telling ourselves that! Can't believe it's been 10 years already. Crazy!

In baby news, Joe and I attended a "breastfeeding and newborn care" class this morning. It was pretty informative but a lot of it will just require practice. Which is frustrating since we have nothing to practice with yet. Kinda gives me anxiety. I want everything to go as smoothly as possible, it's hard to realize I have no control over how it will go. I guess all I can do is be as educated as possible, ask for help if I'm struggling and learn to let things slide. We also had a doctor appointment this afternoon and guess what? I'm DILATED. Just a tiny bit, but still....he's starting to plan his trip out! And thankfully doctor said he's definitely head down. I so hope I can have him naturally---recovering from a c-section sounds miserable. So that's the big news of the day. When will it be? If only we knew! Another thing that we have absolutely no control over. All I know is we're going to the beach Friday and hopefully it doesn't happen then...might be a long drive back if I'm having contractions!

Tomorrow: babysit sweet Sophie and cook. My plan is to cook 4 or 5 meals and freeze them so we have some meals after we come home from the hospital. I'm sure grocery shopping and cooking wont sound like fun for awhile. It sounds exhausting now, so I can only imagine how it will be then!

Keep your fingers crossed for an easy and smooth arrival of Baby S. It could be anyday now!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

1)you're wrong about the planning committee, what about Lindsey?
2)I'll bring you yummy things to eat when baby is there! (and like your mom wouldn't be there all the time! haha)