Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Puyallup Fair 2010

The fair! It was fun! So nice to go during the week and avoid all the crowds and crazy people. Yesterday Kenny Rogers had a concert so it was kind of like senior citizen day. Hahaha. We picked up Joe's dad and he went with us since Joe's mom was working. I think he enjoyed hanging out with us---and him and Joe got to go on the Extreme Scream, my favorite ride. It was torture seeing them in line and not being able to go. Next year, next year....

On our drive up I couldn't decide if I wanted a scone, funnel cake, elephant ear or fudge. Or corn fritters. Or all of the above. Thankfully once we got there and started walking around and seeing all of the above, the only thing that sounded good was a scone. Don't think the baby (or I) needed much more than that. Those things always sound better than they taste anyway. At least that's what I'll keep telling myself! We bought two different types of honey after taste testing (Joe LOVES honey) and David bought us a new Cougar flag for our yard. That's one of the main reasons I like going to the fair every year---to replace the flag. Can't find the size I have anywhere but there!

After the fair we got to see baby Weston. He's a month already! Hard to believe. Then Jayne and David took all of us out to dinner at Mama Stortinis in Puyallup. Delish! A great way to end a great day. Joe and I didn't get home until 11:30...turned off the lights at 12:15. Can't remember the last time I stayed up that late! Does that make me sound old or what?!

No comments: