Monday, April 18, 2011

An amazing tribute

Yesterday was Bruce's celebration of life. It was an amazing tribute, you should have seen all of the people that showed up for it. They think there were around 700 people in attendance. Every inch of the hotel had people. After the main ceremony, everyone went outside and his dad released doves. They flew around the civic center twice and then took off to their house. It was so touching and such an emotional day. The hardest part was when my cousin Brian got up to talk. It was heartbreaking, it hurts so bad knowing how hard this is on him---and everyone else that was there. I wish I would've known Bruce more. I got to know him the most when I worked for my uncle. He would stop by in the mornings after working graveyard to visit. He always had us laughing and was a great early-morning distraction! He has touched many people and this world has lost a great person. He did not deserve what happened to him! I couldn't shut my mind off last night and was up until about 1:30am. At around midnight I decided to check tdn.com and saw that Dana's house got broken in to while everyone was at Bruce's memorial. So outraging. How could someone do that? It made me sick, especially after seeing her family yesterday and seeing first hand just how much they're hurting.

No comments: