Tuesday, April 12, 2011

A funny story despite the news yesterday

Yesterday was a tough day. So much emotion, so much sadness, so much shock. I still can't believe it happened. I kept waking up last night thinking it wasn't real. If only it wasn't. I just can't stop thinking about it. How Bruce had no idea his life would end that night. The news stories and the latest TDN article really got to me. My sister and I were both hoping they didn't know it was happening, that hopefully they had been sleeping, but according to the article they were held at gunpoint. Makes me sick to even think about it. Late yesterday afternoon I made Joe go to the Grocery Outlet with me. I needed to get out of the house and we needed a few things so I figured it would be a fun place to go. Am I the only one who thinks grocery stores are fun? Especially ones like this? There are so many hidden treasures! Joe calls it the 'used food store' since so many of the things are discounted so much. Whatever, used or not used, everything I've purchased there has been good! They even have a small organic section. Anyways, as soon as we walked in a little girl spotted me and followed me around the entire time. She immediately ran up to me and barked. "Woof woof! Woof woof!" I laughed out loud and said hi to her. She said, "Hi! Woof woof!" She ran back to her mom and about every 3 minutes she'd run back to me. The second time she ran up I would ask her questions and she'd just bark answers. If only I spoke dog! I asked her where her leash was, since she was a dog, and that made her talk. "I don't need a leash, I lead my mommy around the store." Ok... She started talking more and asking me questions. What my name was, etc. Then she asked me if I'd be her friend. I said sure and she ran back to her mom and said she had made a friend. She then ran back to me and grabbed my hand. At this point, as cute as I thought it was at first, I was starting to get annoyed. I couldn't concentrate on what we needed, she was jumping up and down, talking, barking, etc. Finally I told her I had to go and we tried to lose her, not easy to do in this store. She left us alone for a little bit but we ended up checking out next to her. She ran over to me and said, "It was so nice meeting you, thank you for being my friend! I hope to see you again soon." Hahahaha. We walked out to our car and low and behold, they were parked right next to us. She popped her head out of the window and said, "Woof, woof! Hi friend! Bye friend!" She was 5 years old. Kids are so funny. I don't know if I would be able to allow Liam to run around the store clinging on to random people and barking though!