Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tuesday dinner yumminess

Yesterday I decided to use everything that I had on hand for dinner. I'm really good at buying things, using a little bit for a recipe, not using the rest and having to throw it away. Not last night! I ended up using 1/4 bottle of BBQ sauce that was about ready to expire, potatoes that needed to be used and 1/2 bag of cabbage/carrot mix I bought for our dinner on Monday. End result = delicious! I made this BBQ chicken in the crock pot. It was "fantastic" according to Joe. And he tells it how it is, so if you're looking for a good recipe, try! I added quite a bit of Tapatio to spice it up though. I had a half used bag of carrots and cabbage so I made coleslaw. Well, my version of coleslaw. A TINY bit of mayo, a TINY bit of sugar and a lot of fresh lime juice. Joe, who isn't a coleslaw fan, liked that too. Dinner success! The potatoes were roasted with big cloves of garlic and rosemary and we also had corn. CORN season is among us! I was so excited to see it in the store. Summer is just around the corner! Hope everyone is having a great week!

No comments: