Friday, April 29, 2011

Hello, Friday!

YIKES! It's been an entire week since I last posted? Crazy! It was a busy and fast week and now I find myself trying to remember what was so busy about it!

Monday I spent most of the day trying to figure out how to make cake pops. My sister and her friend Traci made the cutest--and yummiest ones--for Easter so I decided I wanted to try them. It's a time consuming thing! I decided to make them so I could have some for moms group at our house on Tuesday morning and also for my dads birthday party on Tuesday night. They turned out a little on the pathetic looking side but they were still yummy. That's all that matters, right?!

On Tuesday there were 8 babies at our house for moms group. It was so much fun! The babies all did so good and it's always so fun catching up with all of the mamas! Such a great group of girls, I feel so lucky to be a part of this great group. Tuesday night was my dads 60th birthday party at mailto:Pie@trio. It was fun. But I'll be the first to admit, I don't like the sound of my dad being 60. And I'm sure he feels the same way. :)

Wednesday I met my friend Carly for coffee and then since my dad, Joe and bro-in-law were all gone for dinner, us girls decided to drive to Vancouver for dinner. I love spontaneous adventures!

Joe was off yesterday but it was another busy day. He had appointments, I had appointments and Liam had his SIX MONTH check-up! Drumrolll.....he's a whopping 17lbs 12oz! Or as the doctor said, a "chunk." But only 50% for weight so he's not that chunky! Give the guy a break, doc. :) We've started introducing baby food...veggies and for the first time yesterday, pears. He loves all of them. Green beans, peas, carrots.... Feeding real food is fun but definitely a change from breastfeeding. It's so much slower, such a HUGE mess...and I have stains I'm constantly trying to get out of his clothes now. Not to mention the poop changes. Ick! I miss the old poo. Feeding him real food makes the times that I breastfeed even more special. I really realize now how much I need to savor it and enjoy it...it's going to be over so fast.

Today was an exciting day. Joe met with a counselor at WSUV this morning at 9. He's going back to school, people. His employer will pay 100% tuition if he gets above a C in his classes so he's going to take advantage and go for it. Liam and I went with him this morning. It's funny, even just walking on campus made me miss the feeling of going to school. I'm sure it would change when I actually had to go to class and try to remember how to study again though!

Well, that's the week. I guess it hasn't been that busy, just feel like I wasn't home much. I think this is the first time I've actually sat down at the computer all week. I'm too lazy to blog from my phone!

Tomorrow we're going to the Woodland Tulip Festival with friends and on Sunday the in-laws are coming to visit. Oh, and it's supposed to be 72 on Sunday. Glorious!

Happy weekend!

1 comment:

J.Han said...

Yes, it has been a week....and if you see that your blog visit count keeps going up...its probably had a lot to do with ME. (stalker? hahaa) ANYWAY LOVE that Liam is a Chunk. Nothing better in the world than a happy/fat/healthy baby!!! And YAY for Joe going back to school! Tell him to GO JOE! Katie, you're right about campus. It's a love/hate for me. SO awesome to feel "academic" and yet SO dreadful when (for example) this beautiful weekend I have 80 pages of DENSE reading, a final paper, and a ton of math homework to catch up on! Missss you!