Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Chemo graduation day!

Today is my last day of chemo! We just met with Dr.Nichols and now I'm starting my last long day of chemo in the infusion room. Today I'm locked up in my own private room...I have shingles!! I've had a rash but didn't think much of it but it's shingles. Dang it! I think he thought it might be chicken pox (I've never had them before) but it's only on my arm. I have to take antibiotics five times a day for it.

Just another little bump in the road, not a huge deal! My wish today is that this last treatment doesn't make my eyebrows/eyelashes fall out. I haven't lost any so far! The picture below is me waiting to get hooked up to start chemo. I don't feel like I stick out like a sore thumb when I go hat-less here! My dad thinks I look like him when he was younger, and my mom gets upset when I don't have a hat/wig on. She said it's really reality to see me without hair. I like it though! I save SO much time in the morning!! I'll probably be sad when my hair grows back! Anyway, I hate being isolated in this room! I love to be out and visiting with all of the nurses/patients. Check out that beautiful quilt! Thanks, Judie...I love it!

No comments: