Thursday, May 1, 2008

livestrong.org

I've become a big fan of Lance Armstrong throughout all of this cancer stuff. And not just because he was treated by my doctor...and not because he's smokin' hot. :) It's because of his LIVESTRONG foundation. I wear my yellow bracelet everyday and live by those words. Getting through this has so much to do with attitude, having a bright yellow bracelet just keeps me on track when I start to get bummed out or I'm having a day where I don't think I can take it anymore.

A few weeks ago I was looking on the livestrong.org website and found the Survivor Notebook. I thought it was pretty cool...it has a section to keep track of health records, a health journal, place to keep important papers, etc. I thought it was even cooler when I realized it was free! I ordered it, only having to pay for shipping, and it came today. I'm pretty excited about it! They even sent me two packages of wrist bands!

I like to talk about these things just in case any other cancer patients stumble across my blog...I've learned a lot from reading other patient stories, so hopefully this blog can be something more than just me complaining about feeling crappy!

I was able to work (from work) Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I was just too miserable to go today though. I've been fighting a cold (or allergies?), but today it got the best of me and I'm afraid to report I think it's going to my chest. I feel like it's hard to breathe. My blood counts are extremely low right now, so I have to be so careful I'm not exposed to anything. I just hope this doesn't turn into anything more. I've been miserable for a week now! I want this to be better before I get attacked with chemo again next week!

Speaking of chemo, my LAST (crossing my fingers) chemo is next Wednesday!!! Let the countdown begin! I can't wait for this be be over with. I'm even more excited for my PICC line to be out. I woke up yesterday with imprints on my face from the stupid tubes!

Those little white things are what made the marks on my face. Those are also what they use to plug me in. When Joe saw it he said it looked "wicked." I agree. I still can't look at it. I have to have it covered up at all times.

Alright, time to go get ready for The Office. This is our favorite show. It it weren't for Michael Scott, I would think ESPN is the only channel we get. That's the only thing that is ever on in our household. Joe is obsessed. Maybe that's why I love The Office so much!

No comments: