Monday, May 12, 2008

Just call me Auntie Katie!

That's right...I'm going to be an aunt! Kim and George surprised us yesterday with the news that they're expecting! It's still early, she's only a little over four weeks along, but we're all SO excited! They had the coolest way of telling everyone. We were all down in Vancouver at their house for Mother's Day brunch and all of us and the DeCarlo's were there. She brought out two presents for the moms and told them to open them at the same time. Inside was a frame. One side had a picture of the embryo (she had to do IVF), and the other side was a poem that Kim wrote. It started with "Dear Grandma..." It was SO exciting! Everyone was yelling, crying, running around. We all thought she found out today if she was pregnant, so they did a really good job of hiding it. I'm going to be an aunt!! The due date is January 13. YAY! I can't imagine how exciting and emotional it will be to see that baby for the first time. They (and all of us) have waited for this for so long!

Unfortunately, during all of this excitement, I because the party puker. I was so sick. I couldn't keep anything down, not even water to take my anti-nausea meds. I had to call the on-call doctor and he told me to go to the ER. So that's where we went when we got home. We drove straight to St. John's and I was there until about 11. They had to give me meds through an IV and hydrate me. I feel like I've been hit by a truck today and I'm scared to death to try to drink/eat anything for fear that I'll start puking again. I don't understand why this is happening! Hopefully it doesn't happen at work today. I really need to make it at least 1/2 day.

Alright, just wanted to share the exciting news! I'll post pictures later. I don't have enough energy to do it right now! I can't wait to meet Baby DeCarlo!

No comments: